202.0 VII-4.40 - POLICY ON PAYMENT OF MOVING EXPENSES
(Approved by the Board of Regents, June 21, 1990)
1. The Chief Executive Officer of a constituent institution or
component may authorize the payment of moving expenses for
personnel when it is deemed to be in the interest of the
institution or component to do so. The Chancellor may
authorize the payment of moving expenses for Chief Executive
Officers of constituent institutions and components.
2. The payment may include moving expenses of normal household
goods, including reasonable packing and unpacking charges.
3. Moving expenses may be authorized only when the distance
between the former residence and the University System
location is in excess of 35 miles one way.
4. Exceptions to the 35 mile limitation may be made for payment
of relocation expenses when the relocation is for the
convenience of the institution or component.
5. Nothing in this Policy requires the payment of moving
6. Each Chief Executive Officer shall develop procedures
implementing this Policy.
Replacement for: BOR V - 2.20